Patient list creation (MU2)
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
- Taken from ONC Final Rule:File:2014 Edition Cert Federal Register.pdf
(14) Patient list creation. Enable a user to electronically and dynamically select, sort, access, and create patient lists by: date and time; and based on each one and at least one combination of the following data: (i) Problems; (ii) Medications; (iii) Medication allergies; (iv) Demographics; (v) Laboratory tests and values/results; and (vi) Ambulatory setting only. Patient communication preferences.
Per ONC/NIST Final Test Methods
- Analyzing - Virginia Lorenzi 04:25, 16 November 2013 (UTC)
- Columbia HIT Certification Class
- The Columbia University HIT Certification class analyzed the patient list criteria. The class is divided into three teams. We have posted all three teams' analysis below:
- Feedback on above analyses
- Team 1:
- Very clear questions, gaps, and recommendations for each item on first page.
- Patient list can be searched/created with combinations (for example, was able to do with age and medical problem)
- Can search based on Medical Problem in Problem DX field
- Can search based on Medication, but this is only from the Prescriptions and will need to modify this to also pick up from Medications.
- Can search based on demographics (age, gender, race, ethnicity)
- Team 2:
- Check out how the sql query looks in the report here: http://github.com/openemr/openemr/blob/master/interface/reports/clinical_reports.php#L340
- Within OpenEMR, checkout the report at Reports->Clients->Clinical to see how the report that fulfilled MU1 worked.
- Team 3:
- Clear questions, gaps, and recommendations.
- Nice pickups on the date/time issues and the sorting ambiguities.
- Brady's proposal(based on above Columbia HIT Class analyses):
- Need to figure out what exactly is meant by the date/time setting.
- Potentially may need to ensure date/time entries are in the required tables (and can be selected separately for pertinent fields in the searching) after clarify what the date/time setting is.
- Need to modify following searches:
- Medication currently just searches from the prescription mysql table. Needs to also search from the medications in the lists sql table.
- Need to add following searches:
- Lab test names (now just a lab result textbox)
- Patient communication preferences (could just place them all there to choose from)
- Also need to test and confirm the sorting is working