OpenEMR is in need of funding for new development efforts that will benefit outpatient and inpatient users alike. Features include hybrid inpatient/outpatient support, advanced billing, Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) integration, modern cloud offerings, ability to perform quality reporting, low-cost medical devices connectivity, and other commonly requested solutions. Our vibrant community is dedicated to responding to user needs and setting our priorities to be consistent with the requests of our colleagues abroad. Please consider sending a gift today.
Stable Production Release (Version 6.1.0)
OpenEMR 6.1.0 was released on 3/22/22. Here is a list of new features in this version. It is compatible with PHP versions 7.4 - 8.1, MariaDB versions 10.2 - 10.7, MySQL versions 5.7 - 8.0 (note that for MySQL 8 will need default-authentication-plugin=mysql_native_password setting). If possible, the project does recommend use of MariaDB instead of MySQL.
- Docker - Official OpenEMR Docker, which supports modern, flexible, plug n play use of OpenEMR.
- (For docker upgrading instructions, see instructions posted at bottom of OpenEMR Docker page)
- (For a couple fun tutorials to learn how to use the OpenEMR Docker, check out this forum thread)
- OpenEMR has a panel of AWS Cloud packages with costs(AWS fees) ranging from $5 - $100+ per month. See the AWS Cloud Packages Comparison for the estimated costs, features, and installation instructions of the different packages.
- OpenEMR AWS Cloud Packages Comparison
- openemr-6.1.0.tar.gz (MD5 sum: 9a4d095a69451dec249eeb83bbf28d0d)
- openemr-6.1.0.zip (MD5 sum: 2430d66cbae29ca55501307d4024352e)
- Previous versions of above packages can be found on Sourceforge
- Patch : Most recent patch for OpenEMR versions 6.1.0, 6.0.0, 5.0.2, 5.0.1, 5.0.0, 4.2.2, 4.2.1, 4.2.0, 4.1.2, 4.1.1, 4.1.0, 4.0.0, 3.2.0, and 3.1.0 can be found here.
- Modules : Official modules can be found here.
Unstable Development Releases
- Daily snapshots from current development (7.0.0-dev). Installation instructions are available for LINUX and WINDOWS. (Verify timestamp here)
- (Daily at 1:00 AM Pacific time these packages are built (the build takes about 20 minutes).)
- Docker - Development tip OpenEMR Dockers (docker with 'dev' tag and the flex* series dockers), which supports modern, flexible, plug n play use of OpenEMR.
- (For a couple fun tutorials to learn how to use the OpenEMR Docker, check out this forum thread.)