Windows Upgrade 5.0.2 to 6.0.0
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
- Need to ensure the downloaded zip file has been unblocked after downloading.
- Move current (5.0.2) /openemr directory to a backup directory openemr_bk
- Unpackage 6.0.0 openemr into web directory and rename the directory to openemr
- Copy following directory from old 5.0.2 version to /openemr directory:
- openemr_bk/sites/default/documents (COPY TO) => openemr/sites/default/documents
- Copy the openemr/sites/default/sqlconf.php file from your old 5.0.2 version into the new openemr version
- In the openemr/sites/default/sqlconf.php file, set the $config variable (found near bottom of file within bunch of slashes) to 1 ($config = 1;)
- Open openemr/sql_upgrade.php (http://localhost/openemr/sql_upgrade.php) in web browser, choose 5.0.2 and click 'Upgrade Database'
- Configure optional settings in openemr/sites/default/config.php files
Download and install most recent patch
- After finishing this upgrade to OpenEMR version 6.0.0, it is recommended that you check if there are any patches to apply. If so, install the most recent patch for version 6.0.0. Instruction to do this can be found on the OpenEMR Patches page.
- See the OpenEMR 6.0.0 User Guide
- See the Securing OpenEMR Guide