Windows Upgrade 5.0.1 to 5.0.2
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
- Move current (5.0.1) /openemr directory to a backup directory
- Unpackage 5.0.2 openemr into web directory and rename the directory to openemr
- Move following directories from old 5.0.1 version to /openemr directory (move in the same order as listed below):
- openemr/sites/default/documents (MOVE TO) => openemr/sites/default/documents
- openemr/sites/default/edi (MOVE TO) => openemr/sites/default/documents/edi
- openemr/sites/default/era (MOVE TO) => openemr/sites/default/documents/era
- openemr/sites/default/letter_templates/custom_pdf.php (MOVE TO) => openemr/sites/default/custom_pdf.php
- openemr/sites/default/letter_templates (MOVE TO) => openemr/sites/default/documents/letter_templates
- openemr/sites/default/procedure_results (MOVE TO) => openemr/sites/default/documents/procedure_results
- Record the openemr/sites/default/sqlconf.php file variables from your old 5.0.1 version, and type these into the openemr/sites/default/sqlconf.php file in new openemr version
- In the openemr/sites/default/sqlconf.php file, set the $config variable (found near bottom of file within bunch of slashes) to 1 ($config = 1;).
- Open openemr/sql_upgrade.php (http://localhost/openemr/sql_upgrade.php) in web browser, choose 5.0.1 and click 'Upgrade Database'
- Configure optional settings in openemr/sites/default/config.php files
Download and install most recent patch
- After finishing above upgrade, recommending getting the most recent patch for version 5.0.2. Instruction to do this can be found on the OpenEMR Patches page.
Meaningful Use 2 Specific Instructions
- See the OpenEMR 5.0.2 User Guide
- See the Securing OpenEMR Guide