Steps for a patch release
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
Steps detailing a patch release (using rel-412 (version 4.1.2) is given as an example):
- 1. Ensure the database changes have been added to the sql/patch.sql(and database.sql for new installs) file (and tests that it works)
- 2. Increment the $v_realpatch variable in the version.php file
- 3. Build a zip file of all files that have been modified in rel-412 (since the official 4.1.2 release)
- 4. Release the zip file
- Place it in the patch directory on the open-emr.org website
- On the OpenEMR Patches download page, place the description and a link to the patch file.
- Announce the release in the forums, on the trackers(github and sourceforge), rocketchat, on the Twitter Feed, on the Facebook page, on the Google+ page, on the Diaspora, on the Mastodon, on the LinkedIn OpenEMR group at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13589019, reddit openemr group at https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenEMR, and announce to registered users.