Linux Upgrade 5.0.0 to 5.0.1
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
(if you are using the [multi site module] then see those instructions)
- Move current (5.0.0) /openemr directory to a backup directory
- Unpackage 5.0.1 openemr into web directory and rename the directory to openemr
- Move following directories from old 5.0.0 version to /openemr directory:
- Record the openemr/sites/default/sqlconf.php file variables from your old 5.0.0 version, and type these into the openemr/sites/default/sqlconf.php file in new openemr version
- In the openemr/sites/default/sqlconf.php file, set the $config variable (found near bottom of file within bunch of slashes) to 1 ($config = 1;).
- Open openemr/sql_upgrade.php (http://localhost/openemr/sql_upgrade.php) in web browser, choose 5.0.0 and click 'Upgrade Database'
- Configure optional settings in openemr/sites/default/config.php files
Download and install most recent patch
- After finishing above upgrade, recommending getting the most recent patch for version 5.0.1. Instruction to do this can be found on the OpenEMR Patches page.
Meaningful Use 2 Specific Instructions
- See the OpenEMR 5.0.1 User Guide
- See the Securing OpenEMR Guide
If your calendar had not been properly set up and this message appears after the upgrade, "This appointment slot is already used. Use it anyway?"; see this forum discussionfor the solution.