Linux Upgrade 4.1.2 to 4.2.0
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
- Move current (4.1.2) /openemr directory to a backup directory
- Unpackage 4.2.0 openemr into web directory and rename the directory to openemr
- Move following directories from old 4.1.2 version to /openemr directory:
- Record the openemr/sites/default/sqlconf.php file variables from your old 4.1.2 version, and type these into the openemr/sites/default/sqlconf.php file in new openemr version
- In the openemr/sites/default/sqlconf.php file, set the $config variable (found near bottom of file within bunch of slashes) to 1 ($config = 1;).
- Open openemr/sql_upgrade.php (http://localhost/openemr/sql_upgrade.php) in web browser, choose 4.1.2 and click 'Upgrade Database'
- Configure optional settings in openemr/sites/default/config.php files
Download and install most recent patch
After finishing above upgrade, recommending getting the most recent patch for version 4.2.0. Instruction to do this can be found on the OpenEMR Patches page.
Meaningful Use 2 Specific Instructions
If your calendar had not been properly set up and this message appears after the upgrade, "This appointment slot is already used. Use it anyway?"; see this forum discussionfor the solution.