Linux Upgrade 3.2.0 to 4.0.0
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
- Move current(3.2.0) /openemr directory to a backup directory
- Unpackage 4.0.0 openemr into web directory and rename the directory to openemr
- Move following directories from old 3.2.0 version to /openemr directory:
- /openemr/documents (MOVE TO) => openemr/sites/default/documents
- /openemr/edi (MOVE TO) => openemr/sites/default/edi
- /openemr/era (MOVE TO) => openemr/sites/default/era
- /openemr/custom/letter_templates (MOVE TO) => openemr/sites/default/letter_templates
- Record the openemr/library/sqlconf.php file variables from your old 3.2.0 version, and type these into the openemr/sites/default/sqlconf.php file in new openemr version
- In the openemr/sites/default/sqlconf.php file, set the $config variable (found near bottom of file within bunch of slashes) to 1 ($config = 1;).
- Open openemr/sql_upgrade.php (http://localhost/openemr/sql_upgrade.php) in web browser, choose 3.2.0 and click 'Upgrade Database'
- Open openemr/acl_upgrade.php (http://localhost/openemr/acl_upgrade.php) in web browser
- Configure optional settings in openemr/sites/default/config.php files
- NOTE that globals settings (that used to be stored within the interface/globals.php file) are now modified within the OpenEMR menu at Administration=>Globals.
Download and install most recent patch
After finishing above upgrade, recommending getting the most recent patch for version 4.0.0. Instruction to do this can be found on the OpenEMR Patches page.