Clinical decision support (MU3)
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
- VERIFIED COMPLETE
- Ready to sign self-declaration.
- https://www.healthit.gov/test-method/clinical-decision-support-cds (PASSES Regulation Text)
- Archived 170.315(a)(9) Test Procedure (PASS)
- OpenEMR uses URL based implementation of Infobutton, which is included in § 170.204(b)(4) HL7® Version 3 Standard: Context Aware Knowledge Retrieval Application (“Infobutton”), Knowledge Request, Release 2. HL7® Version 3 Implementation Guide: Context-Aware Knowledge Retrieval (Infobutton), Release 4 via URL-based Implementation Guide specs.
- Any issue (including medical problems and medications) and lab with combination of patient language can be sent.
- OpenEMR uses MedlinePlus Connect for linked referential CDS, which conforms to Infobutton. Can go to material by clicking on below and then selecting MedlinePlus Connect and clicking Submit in the Education user interface.
- Following is on MedlinePlus Connect website at https://medlineplus.gov/connect/application.html :
Web Application Overview The API for the Web application conforms to the HL7 Context-Aware Knowledge Retrieval (Infobutton) Knowledge Request URL-Based Implementation specification. The structure of the request indicates what type of code you are sending. In all cases, the base URL for the Web application is: https://connect.medlineplus.gov/application