HOWTO Register OpenEMR Contributed Forms
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
(new page on registering contribs)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
= Introduction =
= Introduction =
Latest revision as of 21:16, 13 February 2020
Contributed forms are data entry forms, most often for clinical activities, which have been contributed by the OpenEMR community. They are included in the OpenEMR codebase, but they are not installed to be available for use by default. This guide shows the procedure to register and install an unregistered contributed form.
This HOWTO shows OpenEMR v5.0.2 (2) but the workflow looks virtually identical in earlier versions.
HTuck - MI-Squared
1. From the main menu, click on 'Administration/ Other/ Forms'.
2. A new tab called 'Form Administration' (see tab name) will open. Scroll down to the bottom to find the section of 'Unregistered' forms (cursor arrow)
3. Locate the form you want to register. In this example, we will register the 'Physical Exam' form (oval lower left) .
4. Click on the 'register' link next to it (rectangle).
5. The selected form name will now appear in the 'Registered' section at top.
6. Click on 'Install DB' (oval)
7. Next, click on 'disabled'
8. Fill in the 'Category' field (round rectangle below) with the encounter summary menu item you want this form to appear in. In this case we use “Clinical”.
Note: if you enter a menu item that does not currently exist it will be added to the menu.
9. Optionally, select the access permissions from the dropdown list at right (below).
Note: Default access permission is 'my encounters'. If your account is allowed to see all patients, consider changing this to 'all encounters'
10. Finally, click 'Update' button at top of panel
This is a quick guide to registering the contributed encounter forms . A complete list and brief descriptions of these forms may be found at: