CQM - record prelim config (MU3)
From OpenEMR Project Wiki
Preliminary OpenEMR configuration
- Externally data load the cqm valueset to use for the coding.
- You may also have to install some LOINC and/or CPT codes so please follow the licensing requirements for this and the previously mentioned valueset.
- You also have to make sure that you have a lab service created in the address book with Admin->Address Book.
- Use Procedures->Providers to add a lab which allows for creation of the procedure order.
- Finally, make sure that your encounter codes are added to the Encounter Type list.
- Admin->Forms->Lists->Encounter Types then use the find code popup in the Code(s) column and remember to click the Save button in the lower left corner.
- Check what the denominator for the measure is looking for and make sure your person fits the age and sex.
- Also check for Race and Ethnicity
Payer/CQM Source of Payment
- Finally set up an insurance company and chose a CQM Source of Payment for that company and add it to the person's chart. Also make sure to save the effective date of the insurance.
- Use the past encounters or create a new encounter
- Under Visit Details select the appropriate dropdown from Type that corresponds to the code in the measure.