From OpenEMR Project Wiki
- At the 6/8/2016 OEMR organization board meeting, it was decided to create a Roadmap Committee to begin looking at pursuing community driven roadmaps. There are 2 separate entities, the OpenEMR Project and the OEMR organization, which will have separate roadmaps. However, since the main goal of the OEMR organization is to the support the OpenEMR project, it makes sense to develop roadmaps for both of them in unison. There is also a roadmap that is specific to OpenEMR modernization which is being used to drive the OpenEMR modernization project.
OpenEMR Project Roadmap
- ??? means this is up for debate (ie. does it belong in the roadmap)
Data validation and security
- Client-side validation library (COMPLETED and in OpenEMR 5.0.0)
- Client-side validation for Layout-Based forms (COMPLETED and in OpenEMR 5.0.0)
- Database fields meta-dictionary ???
- Server-side validation
- Smartcard support and single sign-on (SSO) ???
- PSR-3 logger ???
- Data versioning as audit tool (i.e. store versions of data) ???
- (Note more details on the Framework items can be found on the Modernization Roadmap)
- Asset manager to allow custom CSS and JS files in a selected location. (PLANNED BY Matrix)
- Introduce PSR-4 autoloader (COMPLETED and in OpenEMR 5.0.0)
- Package management for 3rd party client side libraries (COMPLETED and in OpenEMR 5.0.0)
- Consolidate 3rd party client side libraries (WORK IS ONGOING by Brady)
- Package management for 3rd party PHP libraries ( html2pdf, phpmailer, etc. ) (WORK IS ONGOING by Scott and Brady)
- Consolidate PHP (including PDF) libraries (WORK IS ONGOING by Scott and Brady)
- Refactor existing data access logic into a PHP data object model
- Migrate code to DAO(data access objects) models (WORK IS ONGOING by Matthew and Sherwin)
- Separate Templating from code (ie. MVC)
- Normalize directory structure
- Authorization enhancements
- Support for Microsoft Office document format based templates
- Support direct integration with cameras and scanners ???
- Support interfacing with lab equipment ???
- Multi-clinic support improved
- Migrate the legacy smarty code from 2.x to 3.x (or migrate the legacy code to another mvc)
- Truly installable modules
- PHP7 support (COMPLETED and in OpenEMR 4.2.2)
- Support of InnoDB, including code changes, migration script (COMPLETED and in OpenEMR 5.0.0)
QA and testing
- (Note more details on the QA and testing items can be found on the Modernization Roadmap)
- Manual Testing Scripts (WORK IS ONGOING by Matthew)
- Unit tests where possible
- Automatic build with code scanning
I18N and L10N
- RTL support (COMPLETED and in OpenEMR 4.2.2)
- Allow different Insurance models
- One web root ???
- Isolate installation and patch scripts into their own folder ???
- Facility level calendar management (working hours)
- National holidays support (COMPLETED and in OpenEMR 5.0.0)
- Configurable weekends (COMPLETED and in OpenEMR 5.0.0)
- Use document thumbnails (COMPLETED and in OpenEMR 5.0.0)
- speed up Globals
- speed up Installation script
- (Note more details on the UI, UX items can be found on the Modernization Roadmap)
- Adoption of Bootstrap Framework (WORK MAY BE RESTARTED by Practice Provider)
- Replace date picker widget for newer, accessible version.
OEMR Organization Roadmap
- Below is just a possible starting point.
- Ensure maintain non-profit status.
- Ensure up to date on taxes.
- Ensure adequate number of board meetings which are attended by adequate number of board members to ensure business and motions are completed in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all meetings, business by the board, and the organization accounting are transparent and can be followed easily by the public.
- Ensure ongoing organization budget.
MU2 certification and infrastructure
MU3 certification and infrastructure
- Implement registration for OpenEMR users.
- Other Opportunities.
- OEMR organization Logo.
- OEMR organization Website.
Support OpenEMR Project
- Support the OpenEMR roadmap(via funding etc.).
- Champion the OpenEMR project.
- Support OpenEMR project autonomy.