From OpenEMR Project Wiki
The reasons to customize the Calendar Categories are:
- to have specific types of visits for a particular practice.
- to color code the types of visits to facilitate scheduling of appointments.
- to block off durations of visits thereby decreasing repetitive tasks.
- to have a bird's eye view of the type of past visits to facilitate planning of appointments.
- to have an aesthetically pleasing Calendar.
Calendar Categories can be found via Administration/Other/Calendar and clicking the link for Categories.
There are two types, Patient and Provider.
Some of the Categories cannot be deleted, namely 1 though 4, 8 and 11. Their attributes can be changed. It is important not to rename the In Office and the Out Of Office events because the Calendar will not function properly in their absence. Their colors can be changed without repercussions.
If the offered color palette is insufficient, vastly more choices can be obtained here. If a color is the incorrect shade, clicking the color code will bring up dark or lighter shades.
Completion of Choices
Out Of Office Event
Visit Category and Add Event
Aesthetics and Functionality
- E0E0FF, Light Perwinkle, In Office.
- CCFFCC, Mint Green, Catherine Aragon.
- CCFFFF, Baby Blue, Anne Boleyn.
- FFCCCC, Ham Pink, Henry Tudor.
- 66FFCC, Light Teal, Jane Seymour.
- 33FFFF, Aquamarine, Anne Cleves.
- FFFFCC, Light Maize, Lunch.
- FFE1DD, Pale Ham Pink, Catherine Howard.
- 9CFFC4, Light Jade, Catherine Parr.
- FFD1FF, Light Lavender, Mary Tudor.
- FFDFB8, Light Peach, Elizabeth Tudor.
- E1FF68, Pale Chartreuse, Edward Tudor.